All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:31 am 
I'm so confused

Rollo Tomassi wrote:
HappyLittleTrees wrote:
Rollo Tomassi wrote:
Where's the pic of the 81 CC? :oops:
I musta missed that stagecoach.

There is that magical memory of yours again.

You never did look up, "eidetic" did you?

Eidetic memory (/aɪˈdɛtɪk/; sometimes called photographic memory) is an ability to vividly recall images from memory after only a few instances of exposure, with high precision for a brief time after exposure,[1] without using a mnemonic device.[2] Although the terms eidetic memory and photographic memory are popularly used interchangeably,[1] they are also distinguished, with eidetic memory referring to the ability to view memories like photographs for a few minutes,[3] and photographic memory referring to the ability to recall pages of text or numbers, or similar, in great detail.[4][5] When the concepts are distinguished, eidetic memory is reported to occur in a small number of children and as something generally not found in adults,[2][6] while true photographic memory has never been demonstrated to exist.

self-ab·sorbed
[ˌselfəbˈzôrbd]
ADJECTIVE
preoccupied with one's own feelings , interests, or situation:
"they are too self-absorbed to listen carefully to others"

de·men·tia
[dəˈmen(t)SH(ē)ə]
NOUN
a chronic or persistent disorder of the mental processes caused by brain disease or injury and marked by memory disorders, personality changes, and impaired reasoning.

Oc·cam's ra·zor
[ˌäkəmz ˈrāzər]
DEFINITION
the principle (attributed to William of Occam) that in explaining a thing, no more assumptions should be made than are necessary.

coinmickey: "We're going to join the really smart countries, our buddies Syria and Nicaragua!! Great company!! It'll be bigly fantastic!!!"
coinmickey: "Nicaragua, Venezuela...whatever. You know what I was talking about."

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:05 am 

HappyLittleTrees wrote:
When the concepts are distinguished, eidetic memory is reported to occur in a small number of children and as something generally not found in adults

If there is any place where one is going to find eidetic memory it would be the OFR.

In lieu of flowers the family asks rolls of Wheaties be sent.

Herself - building vocabularies one felony at a time.-dallasactuary

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:17 am 
Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae~4-Ever!

Unhappy Little Trees, Eidietic and photographic are far different.

In any case,

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/yo ... 409/intery net-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

Quote:
Look at how low the Dark Tetrad scores are for everyone except the trolls! Their scores for all four traits soar on the chart. The relationship between trolling and the Dark Tetrad is so significant that the authors write in their paper:

"... the associations between sadism and GAIT (Global Assessment of Internet Trolling) scores were so strong that it might be said that online trolls are prototypical everyday sadists." [emphasis added]

Trolls truly enjoy making you feel bad. To quote the authors once more (because this is a truly quotable article): "Both trolls and sadists feel sadistic glee at the distress of others. Sadists just want to have fun ... and the Internet is their playground!"

The next time you encounter a troll online, remember:

These trolls are some truly difficult people.
It is your suffering that brings them pleasure, so the best thing you can do is ignore them.

You once mentioned that you did not need or want friends. I imagine you have gotten what you want.

MY idiocy is subjecting my VERY pleasant present life to any consideration of you.

My bad. Response only leads to frustration and unpleasant feelings. Something ...I... don't need or want. And the elimination is so damn easy that I'm pissed at myself for ever relenting on the pledge i made a while back to ignore you.

You are someone who should never get another "chance." It was my fault.
Tigers don't change stripes.

I'll do better. Guaranteed.

Starting now. lal:

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:18 am 
I'm so confused

walmann wrote:
HappyLittleTrees wrote:
When the concepts are distinguished, eidetic memory is reported to occur in a small number of children and as something generally not found in adults

If there is any place where one is going to find eidetic memory it would be the OFR.

Eidoubtit.

coinmickey: "We're going to join the really smart countries, our buddies Syria and Nicaragua!! Great company!! It'll be bigly fantastic!!!"
coinmickey: "Nicaragua, Venezuela...whatever. You know what I was talking about."

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:22 am 
I'm so confused

Looks like I'm back off the Christmas card list.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:23 am 
I'm so confused

o·ver·sen·si·tive
ˌōvərˈsensidiv/
adjective
adjective: oversensitive; adjective: over-sensitive
(especially of a person or an instrument) excessively sensitive.
"Bentley was oversensitive to criticism"