Open Forum Refuge

Known to cause cancer in California
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:27 pm 
Online
Vainglorious BassTurd
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:49 am
Posts: 34462
Location: The Black Lodge
That you like, and you want an example of, but it's not great, but the piece is really hard to find in any grade...

Do you pull the finger, or do you wait for a better piece to come along?

_________________
This has to be one of the most bigoted hate filled posts I've ever seen here. --clw54 05/20/09
He's a uninformed dumbass. --tlhoy 01/01/10
You want change in 2012? I'll give you friggin' change. --baccaruda 10/21/11
Nothing Goddy about it. Just science, bitches. --flamino 12/09/11


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 83509
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:15 pm
Posts: 17390
Buy it and if a better example comes along you can always buy it and then sell the lesser example. I'm assuming that it's a rare coin that isn't available very often.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:55 pm 
Offline
Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae~4-Ever!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:00 pm
Posts: 54721
Location: Rollo Tomassi 2814 Breaking Wind Way, Represa, CA
https://forums.collectors.com/discussio ... set#latest

_________________
You can skip this post in 3....2....1....Click here to skip this post


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 36339
There has never been a coin that I had to have, but if you need it for a set and the price is not astronomical for the condition....go for it.

_________________
Burma Shave!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline
I'm so confused
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:54 pm
Posts: 14100
Is this another thing like that Polish piece of crap?

_________________
26713

MacGyver: "He was a symbol of the OFR helping out...hopefully he, and his family, was guilted into paying back what was owed. That seems to also be the OFR way
I sure wish I had the $$$ back I sent to Puff..."

coinmickey: "We're going to join the really smart countries, our buddies Syria and Nicaragua!! Great company!! It'll be bigly fantastic!!!"
coinmickey: "Nicaragua, Venezuela...whatever. You know what I was talking about."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:15 pm
Posts: 17390
HappyLittleTrees wrote:
Is this another thing like that Polish piece of crap?

We in the OFR sure don't pull any punches. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:25 pm
Posts: 34097
usually, if it meets "minimum standards" for my set, I get it and use it as a placeholder.

Example:

1829 LM-7.1 variety. I had an XF from my beginner days. An AU53 became available. Pretty much my least favorite grade right after MS60. I bought it anyway. I was thankful to replace it with an AU58 recently.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:45 am 
Offline
Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae~4-Ever!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:00 pm
Posts: 54721
Location: Rollo Tomassi 2814 Breaking Wind Way, Represa, CA
TDN is not saying much here.

_________________
You can skip this post in 3....2....1....Click here to skip this post


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:56 pm 
Online
Vainglorious BassTurd
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:49 am
Posts: 34462
Location: The Black Lodge
PerryHall wrote:
Buy it and if a better example comes along you can always buy it and then sell the lesser example. I'm assuming that it's a rare coin that isn't available very often.


This is what I'll probably do. Problem is that I become emotionally attached to my coins. I don't want to give them up, even when I've found a better example :(

_________________
This has to be one of the most bigoted hate filled posts I've ever seen here. --clw54 05/20/09
He's a uninformed dumbass. --tlhoy 01/01/10
You want change in 2012? I'll give you friggin' change. --baccaruda 10/21/11
Nothing Goddy about it. Just science, bitches. --flamino 12/09/11


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:15 pm
Posts: 17390
Weiss wrote:
PerryHall wrote:
Buy it and if a better example comes along you can always buy it and then sell the lesser example. I'm assuming that it's a rare coin that isn't available very often.


This is what I'll probably do. Problem is that I become emotionally attached to my coins. I don't want to give them up, even when I've found a better example :(

Nothing wrong with having duplicate coins if you really love them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae~4-Ever!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:00 pm
Posts: 54721
Location: Rollo Tomassi 2814 Breaking Wind Way, Represa, CA
Duplicate coins will eat at your guts!

_________________
You can skip this post in 3....2....1....Click here to skip this post


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:52 pm 
Offline
I'm so confused
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:54 pm
Posts: 14100
Quote:
You were outbid by another bidder! Place a new maximum bid.


Well. Elmo.

_________________
26713

MacGyver: "He was a symbol of the OFR helping out...hopefully he, and his family, was guilted into paying back what was owed. That seems to also be the OFR way
I sure wish I had the $$$ back I sent to Puff..."

coinmickey: "We're going to join the really smart countries, our buddies Syria and Nicaragua!! Great company!! It'll be bigly fantastic!!!"
coinmickey: "Nicaragua, Venezuela...whatever. You know what I was talking about."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:26 pm 
Online
Vainglorious BassTurd
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:49 am
Posts: 34462
Location: The Black Lodge
HappyLittleTrees wrote:
Quote:
You were outbid by another bidder! Place a new maximum bid.


Well. Elmo.


Been there before. Strange how smoetimes you place a confident, solid bid, and you're outbid and the jerks keep piling on bids until your reasonable bid can't even be seen in the rear view. And of course it's the one that got away, smoething you'll regret forever because maybe it was all that and a bag of chips.

And then smoetimes you bid beefy, and nobody else bids, and you get the coin for nothing. And then you wonder what others know that you don't. And maybe it's nothing special after all.
:cry: :twisted:

_________________
This has to be one of the most bigoted hate filled posts I've ever seen here. --clw54 05/20/09
He's a uninformed dumbass. --tlhoy 01/01/10
You want change in 2012? I'll give you friggin' change. --baccaruda 10/21/11
Nothing Goddy about it. Just science, bitches. --flamino 12/09/11


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:35 pm 
Offline
I'm so confused
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:54 pm
Posts: 14100
Weiss wrote:
HappyLittleTrees wrote:
Quote:
You were outbid by another bidder! Place a new maximum bid.


Well. Elmo.


Been there before. Strange how smoetimes you place a confident, solid bid, and you're outbid and the jerks keep piling on bids until your reasonable bid can't even be seen in the rear view. And of course it's the one that got away, smoething you'll regret forever because maybe it was all that and a bag of chips.

And then smoetimes you bid beefy, and nobody else bids, and you get the coin for nothing. And then you wonder what others know that you don't. And maybe it's nothing special after all.
:cry: :twisted:


I liked it for $800. I hope the $3K+ winner is happy. Hope it comes with a bag of dicks.

_________________
26713

MacGyver: "He was a symbol of the OFR helping out...hopefully he, and his family, was guilted into paying back what was owed. That seems to also be the OFR way
I sure wish I had the $$$ back I sent to Puff..."

coinmickey: "We're going to join the really smart countries, our buddies Syria and Nicaragua!! Great company!! It'll be bigly fantastic!!!"
coinmickey: "Nicaragua, Venezuela...whatever. You know what I was talking about."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 36339
Rollo Tomassi wrote:
Duplicate coins will eat at your guts!



:lol:

_________________
Burma Shave!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 36339
HappyLittleTrees wrote:
Weiss wrote:
HappyLittleTrees wrote:
Quote:
You were outbid by another bidder! Place a new maximum bid.


Well. Elmo.


Been there before. Strange how smoetimes you place a confident, solid bid, and you're outbid and the jerks keep piling on bids until your reasonable bid can't even be seen in the rear view. And of course it's the one that got away, smoething you'll regret forever because maybe it was all that and a bag of chips.

And then smoetimes you bid beefy, and nobody else bids, and you get the coin for nothing. And then you wonder what others know that you don't. And maybe it's nothing special after all.
:cry: :twisted:


I liked it for $800. I hope the $3K+ winner is happy. Hope it comes with a bag of dicks.


Try your $800 again on a different Saint.

_________________
Burma Shave!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:19 pm 
Offline
I'm so confused
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:54 pm
Posts: 14100
CancerWelcher wrote:
Try your $800 again on a different Saint.


It was a $50 PanPac.

_________________
26713

MacGyver: "He was a symbol of the OFR helping out...hopefully he, and his family, was guilted into paying back what was owed. That seems to also be the OFR way
I sure wish I had the $$$ back I sent to Puff..."

coinmickey: "We're going to join the really smart countries, our buddies Syria and Nicaragua!! Great company!! It'll be bigly fantastic!!!"
coinmickey: "Nicaragua, Venezuela...whatever. You know what I was talking about."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:58 pm 
Online
Vainglorious BassTurd
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:49 am
Posts: 34462
Location: The Black Lodge
:oops:

:D

:shock:

:twisted:

_________________
This has to be one of the most bigoted hate filled posts I've ever seen here. --clw54 05/20/09
He's a uninformed dumbass. --tlhoy 01/01/10
You want change in 2012? I'll give you friggin' change. --baccaruda 10/21/11
Nothing Goddy about it. Just science, bitches. --flamino 12/09/11


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:50 pm 
Online
Vainglorious BassTurd
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:49 am
Posts: 34462
Location: The Black Lodge
tapfoot:

_________________
This has to be one of the most bigoted hate filled posts I've ever seen here. --clw54 05/20/09
He's a uninformed dumbass. --tlhoy 01/01/10
You want change in 2012? I'll give you friggin' change. --baccaruda 10/21/11
Nothing Goddy about it. Just science, bitches. --flamino 12/09/11


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coinmickey and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2011, Georgia Pig Productions
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group