Open Forum Refuge

Known to cause cancer in California
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:24 pm 

Just saying.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:17 pm 

On an unrelated matter, here is a question for my friend clw54:

The mayor of your town is a democrat. He is not doing a particularly good job. His opponent in the upcoming democratic primary is much more fiscally responsible and if elected would do a far better job where it counts--with your tax money.

Regardless of outcome of the primary, the republican candidate--whoever it turns out to be--stands zero chance of defeating the democrat when the general election rolls around. That's just how it is. There has not been a republican or independent mayor in your town for decades.

You are neither a registered democrat or republican. To take part in the election primary and vote against your current mayor in favor of the more moderate candidate (some would say this person is really a republican in democrat clothing, only affiliates democrat to be electable), you would have to register as a democrat for a period of time.

Do you register as a democrat so as to vote in the primary? Or is it anathema to the point that you stay unaffiliated and on the sidelines?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:56 pm 
The Only Truck Driver That Hasn't Murdered Truck Stop Prostitutes, At Least That We Know Of

I know you asked Clw but heres my 2 cents.

Finding a democrat thats fiscally responsible is almost like finding a 1804 dollar. They are out there, theyre just hard to find.

Quote:
There has not been a republican or independent mayor in your town for decades.

Thats the way it was here in Arkansas for over 100 years but now we are a red state.

I cant really answer the rest of it because I am registered republican & I would not vote in a Dem primary but if you feel so strongly to vote for somebody Id say go for it if the rules allow it.

tradedollarnut wrote:
Ok - I'm outta here. Mac is a gism sucker - thru and thru. The only way he paid up was the unbearable pressure of looking like a loser. And I fuddernutter donated all my money to this stupid site - yet I'm the villain? Well, that's just fine - but go fuddernutter yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:39 am 

tlhoy wrote:
I know you asked Clw but heres my 2 cents.

Finding a democrat thats fiscally responsible is almost like finding a 1804 dollar. They are out there, theyre just hard to find.

For that matter, finding a fiscally conservative Republican in 2017 is almost like finding a 1914-D Cent while roll searching...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:51 am 
I have a blog

Gyocomgd wrote:
On an unrelated matter, here is a question for my friend clw54:

The mayor of your town is a democrat. He is not doing a particularly good job. His opponent in the upcoming democratic primary is much more fiscally responsible and if elected would do a far better job where it counts--with your tax money.

Regardless of outcome of the primary, the republican candidate--whoever it turns out to be--stands zero chance of defeating the democrat when the general election rolls around. That's just how it is. There has not been a republican or independent mayor in your town for decades.

You are neither a registered democrat or republican. To take part in the election primary and vote against your current mayor in favor of the more moderate candidate (some would say this person is really a republican in democrat clothing, only affiliates democrat to be electable), you would have to register as a democrat for a period of time.

Do you register as a democrat so as to vote in the primary? Or is it anathema to the point that you stay unaffiliated and on the sidelines?

If it were a pro-gun Democrat, then yes.

The OFR is the boss site, everywhere else is Elmo. -- otis

Smoetimes Clw's genius is just scary. :evil: -- Catch22

Yes, fuddernutter the rest of the world. -- Comrade Renski

Shuddup for godsakes you goddamn blowhard. -- BigMark

l: -- Flash, on many occasions.

Lame Ass Blog

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:56 am 

clw54 wrote:
If it were a pro-gun Democrat, then yes.

I appreciate your pragmatism on this. I just may do it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:40 pm 
I have a blog

The question was hypothetical and would be unlikely to happen here, and here is where I am and here is what has influenced me. For it to happen, I'd have to live smoewhere else and that would mean different influences. That's one of the problems with hypotheticals.

Here, the Democrats are off the charts and Republicans are where Democrats would be if they were semi-reasonable. Our "Republican" mayor virtue signals constantly about climate change and confederate plaques or whatever the media-driven issue of the day is.

The OFR is the boss site, everywhere else is Elmo. -- otis

Smoetimes Clw's genius is just scary. :evil: -- Catch22

Yes, fuddernutter the rest of the world. -- Comrade Renski

Shuddup for godsakes you goddamn blowhard. -- BigMark

l: -- Flash, on many occasions.

Lame Ass Blog