Open Forum Refuge

Known to cause cancer in California
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:48 am 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/18/worl ... trump.html

White House officials say they are still debating America’s role in Afghanistan — one senior adviser said they would consider issues as basic as whether the country needs a strong central government, rather than the warlords who have historically divided power there. In the meantime, the Pentagon is moving ahead with plans to send 3,000 to 5,000 troops to try to stabilize the country.

When Barry added troops we were outraged.

The decision to send additional troops represents at least a temporary victory for Mr. Mattis and Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, the national security adviser, over Mr. Trump’s aides, including his chief strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, who had warned that sending more troops was a slippery slope toward nation building, anathema to nationalists like him who reject both the interventionist neoconservatives of the George W. Bush administration and the limited war fought by Mr. Obama.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:26 am 
The Only Truck Driver That Hasn't Murdered Truck Stop Prostitutes, At Least That We Know Of

I was never outraged & I dont remember people here being outraged about it either. I know some didnt want any part of it and were saying wgaf let them kill each other. I said Obama was going to eat his words "No boots on the ground" & I was right about it.

tradedollarnut wrote:
Ok - I'm outta here. Mac is a gism sucker - thru and thru. The only way he paid up was the unbearable pressure of looking like a loser. And I fuddernutter donated all my money to this stupid site - yet I'm the villain? Well, that's just fine - but go fuddernutter yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:44 am 
Giving liberals the blues

I want nothing to do with Afghanistan. GTFO there now! We never should have been there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:51 am 
Just call me chuckles

I say we build a wall around Afghanistan. Not yer typical wall. We could make a ring of glass around the whole country, maybe 5 miles wide. Then it would be too slippery for them to travel across the border by land. That would take a lot of small nukes, but we could minimize any collateral damage by giving them a 20-minute warning to get away from the border. If anyone tries to escape the country by air, I'm sure we have the technology to discourage that. This plan might be costly, but it could be a final solution. Wait... I didn't mean final solution. Maybe supreme resolution. I'm sure the politicians could clean up the language some.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:19 am 
Purveyor of the political smackdown

Should have completely pulled out years ago...but, I will say this about Trump, he will give the military the autonomy and listen to his military advisors to get the job done, unlike Barry who micromanaged them.

When the last Muslim apologist is beheaded...it will be reported by the last remaining leftist journalist.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:38 pm 
Master of liberal ownage

Quote:
When Barry added troops we were outraged.
I remember more than a little amusement at the hypocrisy, and smoe frustration that there didn't appear to be a plan, but I don't remember any outrage. I wish we'd pull everyone and everything out, but I honestly just don't GAF anymore. It doesn't yet rise to the level of outrage, but I'm more pissed off about Trump breaking his promise to move the US embassy to Jerusalem than about anything else he's done. I'd be genuinely pissed off if I'd actually believed him when he said it, or if I thought Israel had actually believed him, but of the lies he told to get elected this was possibly the most transparent.