Open Forum Refuge

Known to cause cancer in California
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:58 am 

Wasserman Schultz Threatened Police Chief For Gathering Evidence On Her IT Staffer’s Alleged Crimes

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/24/wasse ... ed-crimes/

Quote:
“My understanding is the the Capitol Police is not able to confiscate Members’ equipment when the Member is not under investigation,” Wasserman Schultz said in the annual police budget hearing of the House Committee On Appropriations’ Legislative Branch Subcommittee.

“We can’t return the equipment,” Police Chief Matthew R. Verderosa told the Florida Democrat.

“I think you’re violating the rules when you conduct your business that way and you should expect that there will be consequences,” Wasserman Schultz said.

LOCK HER UP! :twisted:

CM, this is an example of how the right provides a track record...
Quote:
DWS: I’d like to know how Capitol Police handle equipment that belongs to a member or staffer that’s been lost in the Capitol complex and found or recovered by one of your officers. What happens? Chief: It’s processed on a PD-81 which is a property record, and depending on the property, depending on how you can legitimately determine ownership, it’s generally turned back over to the owner of a property. If it’s part of an ongoing case, then there are other things that have to occur for that to happen. DWS: So if a member says there is equipment that has been lost, and you find it it would be returned to the member? Chief: In a general sense, yes. You have to be able to positively identify the property and be able to establish ownership. DWS: If ownership is established… Chief: If it’s part of an ongoing case, then there are additional things that need to be done. DWS: But if a member owns the equipment, and there is no ongoing case related to that member, then the equipment is supposed to be returned. Chief: In a general sense, yes. DWS: No, I mean in a specific sense. If the member loses the equipment, says they lose the equipment, and it is found by the Capitol Police, it is supposed to be returned. Chief: If ownership has been established, it will be returned. If it’s subject to an ongoing investigation, there are additional things– DWS: OK, but not an ongoing investigation related to that member. If the equipment belongs to the member, it has been lost, they say it’s been lost and it’s been identified as that member’s, then the Capitol Police are supposed to return it. Chief: I can’t give a yes or no answer on that, because I know– DWS: It’s a simple yes or no answer. If a member loses equipment and it is found by your staff and identified as that member’s equipment and the member is not associated with any case, it is supposed to be returned. Yes or no. Chief: It depends on the circumstances. DWS: I don’t understand how that is possible. Members’ equipment is members’ equipment. My understanding is the the Capitol Police is not able to confiscate members’ equipment when the member is not under investigation. It is their equipment and it is supposed to be returned. Chief: I think there are extenuating circumstances in this case, and working through my counsel and the necessary personnel, if that in fact is the case, and with the permission of through the investigation, then we’ll return the equipment. But until that happens we can’t return the equipment. DWS: I think you’re violating the rules when you conduct your business that way and you should expect that there will be consequences.

"It's a fact...[but] I never said I had proof."

"And let us dispose of a common misconception. The complete transmutation of even one animal species into a different species has never been directly observed either in the laboratory or in the field." Dean H. Kenyon (Professor of Biology, San Francisco State University), affidavit presented to the U.S. Supreme Court, No. 85-1513

"fuddernutter the Constitution. It's just a piece of paper...."
~tradedollarnut

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:14 pm 

CM , here's part 2 in your dose of reality.

Compare what that failing NYT rag writes today to the post above. I've highlighted the salient points so that you can get beyond the salacious crap printed in that birdcage liner that you rely upon for your version of "truth."
Quote:
It is unclear, however, whether Russian officials actually tried to directly influence Mr. Manafort and Mr. Flynn. Both have denied any collusion with the Russian government on the campaign to disrupt the election.”

The New York Times pumped out another “collusion” story Wednesday with another buried caveat, this time on “mounting concern” among U.S. officials “revealed” by former CIA director John Brennan in a big bad congressional hearing. Six paragraphs in: “Mr. Brennan acknowledged that he did not know whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russian operatives and said the contacts might have been benign.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/24/go-st ... collusion/

And, we're nearly a year into this nothing burger. :roll:

Let's look at the admitted collusion at the DNC to rig elections, Seth Rich's murder, and the clinton crime family's pay-for-play including their Russian contacts.

"And let us dispose of a common misconception. The complete transmutation of even one animal species into a different species has never been directly observed either in the laboratory or in the field." Dean H. Kenyon (Professor of Biology, San Francisco State University), affidavit presented to the U.S. Supreme Court, No. 85-1513

~tradedollarnut

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:35 pm 
I have a blog

Democrats don't think the same way as we do. They think a scandal is a media firestorm, not the actual crime. We think a scandal is the act itself. As long as the Democrats get away with what they do, everything is fine.

The OFR is the boss site, everywhere else is Elmo. -- otis

Smoetimes Clw's genius is just scary. :evil: -- Catch22

Yes, fuddernutter the rest of the world. -- Comrade Renski

Shuddup for godsakes you goddamn blowhard. -- BigMark

l: -- Flash, on many occasions.

Lame Ass Blog

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:45 pm 

clw54 wrote:
Democrats don't think the same way as we do. They think a scandal is a media firestorm, not the actual crime. We think a scandal is the act itself. As long as the Democrats get away with what they do, everything is fine.

Are you intimating that the loons are socially immature amoral pricks?

In that case agree:

~tradedollarnut

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:03 pm 
Master of liberal ownage

Hugh_Jorgan wrote:
Are you intimating that the loons are socially immature amoral pricks?

Not all Democratics are socially immature, and not all Democratics are pricks. It is the absence of morality that universally binds them together.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:33 am 

I stand by my words. :neutral:

~tradedollarnut