Open Forum Refuge

Known to cause cancer in California
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:45 am 

Hello people! I hope all of you are well. For those who have an interest, my apologies for not posting recently. Between the cancer progressing, medication, and med side effects, I have been a total zombieā€‹. It's not so much that I sleep all the time. I'm usually in a total fog/daze state with absolutely no energy. I vomit on myself cuz I'm too tired to reach for a bucket. DependsĀ® 24/7. Falling asleep on the toilet has become common. Blah blah.

Not sure where I left off. Pain keeps getting worse as things progress. My lungs, mostly right one, is fuddernutter up. Tumors inside won't let airways clear. Lymph nodes everywhere cause pain. They added another med. Don't want to drag this on, but I developed a Elmo load of side effects. Doctor and nurse wanted to see what was worth the issues vs the pain relief I was getting.

Feet and legs swelled way up. Couldn't walk. Got compression socks. Hospital bed adjusts to raise my legs, and it has that pump on the mattress for circulation. Fingertips bleeding, bandaids; oral thrush, antibiotic; rash on hands, cream; blurred vision, blackouts, breathing issues, bad cough. The list went on. Brought in an oxygen concentrator and a spare tank. Kept raising the oxycontin and Dilaudid. Edema in legs and feet was ridiculous.

Not sure at what point they decided it wasn't worth tolerating the side effects. Started weaning off some meds. It might have been related to the cantaloupe title. But, I also had real bad breathing problems, was spitting up blood occasionally, blacked out a few more times. So, we're OFR family. The edema in my feet was climbing up my legs. Started impacting my groin area. Got to my nutsack. Not good. Lymph nodes grew. Causing a lot of pain, still. My fuddernutter scrotum got huge. There. I said it. Huge. Retaining fluid. More meds. No massages. Guys, you ever try to use the bathroom when your nutsack is the size of an over ripened cantaloupe on steroids, while someone is wacking your nuts with a hammer? It's been a couple weeks like that. Still popping pills all the time. Dizzy. Foggy. Earlier this week they brought in oral liquid morphine for me. Awesome. They also told me with the current rate of progression, issues with my lungs, and the pain control... that I have about two months left. They're probably right, but I've been hearing numbers for four years now.

Okay. End of rambling blog. Hope some of it made sense. Just wanted to give an update. Honestly, my brain is fried. I may have already passed on most of this info. Time for some dilaudid and a side of lorazepam. Liquid morphine scares me, so I avoid. Take care people. Peace and good health to all.

Norm

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:02 am 

Norm you've had the largest set of balls on these boards for sometime. You are one tough sob.
You make me feel ashamed for some of the Elmo I get upset about. Prayers for you good sir.

In lieu of flowers the family asks rolls of Wheaties be sent.

Herself - building vocabularies one felony at a time.-dallasactuary

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:58 am 
Smoe old dude's fried ball sundae~4-Ever!

editing out.

Get well soon.

Last edited by Rollo Tomassi on Sun May 28, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:09 am 

amazing you have made it this far. Godspeed.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:27 am 

wipoto wrote:

Okay. End of rambling blog. Hope some of it made sense. Just wanted to give an update. Honestly, my brain is fried.

Norm

Norm, your posts are more coherent than any demonrat on this board. :lol:

Take care.

Do you guys honestly not understand that every intelligence agency in the nation... agrees Russia staged an all-out attack on our nation during the last election?
The CIA, the FBI, the NSA, Department of Homeland Security, and a dozen other agencies all reached the same conclusion. This isn't partisan, it's not open to interpretation. It's a fact.
If you don't understand this fact, please, just stop responding to my posts. You don't know what you're talking about.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:46 pm 
CCW likes me more than Rollo

my experience with my mom passing and liquid morphine is that it has the most rapid effect, but does not last terribly long. If you get relief from dilaudid for four hours, liquid morphine will last you thirty minutes or so. Dilaudids are hardcore.

So the liquid is not a scary thing. It's the easiest thing to administer. When someone cannot easily take a pill anymore, this is the best way to get quick relief.

I recall the pharmacist being reluctant to prescribe it. They wanted me to smash up dilaudids and give them via syringe in water. I demonstrated how difficult this can be...trying to smash a dilauded in front of the hospice nurse, the damn thing shot across the room. Now we have half of a tiny assed pill somewhere on the floor that will kill the cat if it gets it. That little demonstration got us the liquid morphine.

Assholes

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:36 am 
I have a blog

walmann wrote:
Norm you've had the largest set of balls on these boards for sometime. You are one tough sob.
You make me feel ashamed for some of the Elmo I get upset about. Prayers for you good sir.

I can't say this better. I worry about trivial Elmo too much.

The OFR is the boss site, everywhere else is Elmo. -- otis

Smoetimes Clw's genius is just scary. :evil: -- Catch22

Yes, fuddernutter the rest of the world. -- Comrade Renski

Shuddup for godsakes you goddamn blowhard. -- BigMark

l: -- Flash, on many occasions.

Lame Ass Blog

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:47 pm 
I have a blog

Hey, Norm. Just got back from church and said a prayer for you while I was there. I'm glad you're taking the time to post here and keep us updated. Hopefully modern medicine can provide the medications and/or treatments that can alleviate the pain as much as possible, and allow you smoe comfort. And hopefully you can find smoe thoughts or memories or contacts that can bring you some moments of joy amidst all this.

And I agree with the statement above. Your posts do make more sense than what's posted by the forum liberals. Even under the influence of a lotta drugs.

:)

clw

The OFR is the boss site, everywhere else is Elmo. -- otis

Smoetimes Clw's genius is just scary. :evil: -- Catch22

Yes, fuddernutter the rest of the world. -- Comrade Renski

Shuddup for godsakes you goddamn blowhard. -- BigMark

l: -- Flash, on many occasions.

Lame Ass Blog

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:46 pm 

walmann wrote:

Perfect.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:58 pm 

Youse one brave comrade. Thanks for putting things in perspective. I used to do a little beotching here hear, not anymore, other than ribbing comrade rollo. :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:03 pm 

Thanks for using what strength you've got in you to check in here. It's a difficult spot for sure, and I admire your courage and fortitude. Yep, you're as tough as they come my friend.

6/3/09