Open Forum Refuge

Known to cause cancer in California
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:32 pm 
I'm so confused

K6AZ wrote:
MacGyver wrote:
I never knew him. But his “friends” here on OFR make him sound like quite an asshole. Glad the ones experienced with this type of thing intervened instead of mocking and writing him off.

Perhaps you should limit your commentary on things you actually know something about. Plenty of people tried to help him in the last twenty years and most of the time those helping hands were bitten.

Mac uses his alcoholism to play the victim card, like a good liberal.

"You are a real piece of work. I only ignore three on here. There comes a time when someone has no redeeming qualities and you're one of them to make it not worth responding to. As a matter of fact... nothing is worth getting my tempature up on so you can go fuddernutter yourself. Now you're back to ignore asshole. The only reason I responded here is because someone thought enough of your worthless post to alert me to it. Now GFY." - K6AZ, Professional BASE Jumper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:38 pm 

K6AZ wrote:
MacGyver wrote:
I never knew him. But his “friends” here on OFR make him sound like quite an asshole. Glad the ones experienced with this type of thing intervened instead of mocking and writing him off.

Perhaps you should limit your commentary on things you actually know something about. Plenty of people tried to help him in the last twenty years and most of the time those helping hands were bitten.

I dealt with Craton only a little at CU, so I'm ignorant of this.
What did you do to try to help him?
How were hands bitten?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:56 pm 

So you post a flowery eulogy and know little about the deceased?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:34 pm 

Gyocomgd wrote:
K6AZ wrote:
MacGyver wrote:

How were hands bitten?

Eric helped him MORE, WAY MORE, than I think almost anyone would have ever done.

Not sure why it is necessary for you to know the answers to your questions and not just accept it. Seriously. However, if you want to do any due diligence, just go to CU and other places, and start looking into the ACG lawsuit vs RCC.

What craton did (be friendly, get help, lash out at those who helped him but didn't poke at him...he just lashed out) to Eric was indicative of what he did to myself and others. No need to dredge up all the exact info as that is just bringing back drama (which I think is what you are after) that many of us tried to put behind us and move on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:38 pm 

He brought Matthews here, grew up with him. Got burned.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:42 pm 
I'm so confused

BigMark wrote:
He brought Matthews here

Can we ban Craton posthumously for that?

"You are a real piece of work. I only ignore three on here. There comes a time when someone has no redeeming qualities and you're one of them to make it not worth responding to. As a matter of fact... nothing is worth getting my tempature up on so you can go fuddernutter yourself. Now you're back to ignore asshole. The only reason I responded here is because someone thought enough of your worthless post to alert me to it. Now GFY." - K6AZ, Professional BASE Jumper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:48 pm 

Gyocomgd wrote:

How were hands bitten?

I'm not going beyond what is common knowledge here and over on CU. At this point it will serve no purpose as his life has already been wasted, just another causality of substance abuse. The basics of those addicts is pretty consistent, I saw it with my own sister who managed to finally kill herself six years ago, I saw it with Jason, and I've seen it with others who have been close to me. They get hooked, will steal from family and friends, become increasingly paranoid, and either die of it or find a way to completely ruin their lives.

My photos can be found here

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 pm 

BigMark wrote:
He brought Matthews here, grew up with him. Got burned.

Brownie Girl as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:15 pm 
Purveyor of the political smackdown

K6AZ wrote:
MacGyver wrote:

So, you’d be one of those who tried to intervene mentioned in my above post.

That was a compliment. :roll:

When the last Muslim apologist is beheaded...it will be reported by the last remaining leftist journalist.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:20 pm 

MacGyver wrote:
K6AZ wrote:
MacGyver wrote:

I took it as a sarcastic dig at tumuss.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:25 pm 
Purveyor of the political smackdown

Neil wrote:
MacGyver wrote:
K6AZ wrote:
MacGyver wrote:

I took it as a sarcastic dig at tumuss.

Well it wasn’t.

When the last Muslim apologist is beheaded...it will be reported by the last remaining leftist journalist.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:44 am 

MacGyver wrote:

What you don't understand is most of the other people here tried to help him as well with the same result. My history with him predated online message boards by a number of years back to 1997.

My point in my reply to your post was that you are obviously ignorant of his history with others who post here and to one extent or another all of our experiences were the same. Sometimes if you don't have the full story it's best to reserve comment.

My photos can be found here

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:15 am 
CCW likes me more than Rollo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpC1KWe9dp8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:55 am 

HappyLittleTrees wrote:
BigMark wrote:
He brought Matthews here

Can we ban Craton posthumously for that?

He told me it was a coin forum. :mad:
Now I'm stuck for life with you cool guys. :mad:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:33 pm 

I chatted online with Craton a few times and bought a buffalo from him. Turned out to be AT and I way overpaid. I was fairly new to collecting. He said he thought it was real and was sorry. Don't know if he was doing drugs back then. It was not big dollars and I never really thought of it until now. RIP.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:38 pm 

he dug this chick back in the day (as I did)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:49 pm 
gizzmopper

Every junkie's like a setting sun. RIP Craton.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:24 am 

he took a lot of Elmo on here and he owned up to some Elmo on here that most wouldn't.

I never had a problem with him and he and I would chat here and there and even when he'd disappear from here I'd check in on him.

I posted earlier last year that I had tried to contact him to no avail. I believe it was then anyways. that would have been my attempt to check in on him and see how his battle was going. apparently not well.

I've been told by druggies, former druggies that were druggies for years and now clean for years, that every single day is an immense battle to keep from using.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 pm 
Mr. Nice Guy

Sorry to hear.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:20 pm 
The Only Truck Driver That Hasn't Murdered Truck Stop Prostitutes, At Least That We Know Of

Id seen him around but never knew him sorry that hes gone

tradedollarnut wrote:
Ok - I'm outta here. Mac is a gism sucker - thru and thru. The only way he paid up was the unbearable pressure of looking like a loser. And I fuddernutter donated all my money to this stupid site - yet I'm the villain? Well, that's just fine - but go fuddernutter yourself.