Open Forum Refuge

Known to cause cancer in California
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Global warming in 1893?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:11 am 
I'm so confused

I am getting really tired of the climate brigades screaming bloody murder over the hurricanes. I found a couple paragraphs in this article interesting.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/a-dollar150-billion-misfire-how-forecasters-got-irma-damage-so-wrong/ar-AArKOqd?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Quote:
Those are modern storms. Simulations based on the paths and powers of some that rammed the U.S. 100 or more years ago show they were far more disastrous, or would be if they arrived today when the population is much more dense and there is far more, and far more expensive, property to destroy.
One hurricane that raked the U.S. East Coast in 1893 was so furious the impact could have added up to $1 trillion. “They haven’t really happened in our modern economy,” Watson said, adding it’s only a matter of time. “We have so much stuff and so much infrastructure. Leave all the arguments about climate change aside; we are rapidly moving into that era where we are going to be seeing $50 billion, $100 billion storms, and I will not be surprised when we get to $300 billion.”

I thought Irma was the biggest one ever, or whatever.

"You are a real piece of work. I only ignore three on here. There comes a time when someone has no redeeming qualities and you're one of them to make it not worth responding to. As a matter of fact... nothing is worth getting my tempature up on so you can go fuddernutter yourself. Now you're back to ignore asshole. The only reason I responded here is because someone thought enough of your worthless post to alert me to it. Now GFY." - K6AZ, Professional BASE Jumper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:15 am 
CCW likes me more than Rollo

even in our neck of the woods where it was warm yesterday with a few drops of rain coming out of the sky and a few lightning strikes, with a little bit of wind...

folks on nextdoor are all "global warming".

the media has almost everyone conditioned to shun anyone who says otherwise.

assholes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:16 am 

what are we going to do about global warming? people say.

well soon i'm going to purchase an aluminum baseball bat.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:19 am 
I'm so confused

Just imagine if the one they describe in 1893 hit next week. The screaming would be off the charts. I fuddernutter hate the global warming assclowns.

"You are a real piece of work. I only ignore three on here. There comes a time when someone has no redeeming qualities and you're one of them to make it not worth responding to. As a matter of fact... nothing is worth getting my tempature up on so you can go fuddernutter yourself. Now you're back to ignore asshole. The only reason I responded here is because someone thought enough of your worthless post to alert me to it. Now GFY." - K6AZ, Professional BASE Jumper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:19 am 

I do my part by opening the fridge a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:22 am 

arkstorm 1000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARkStorm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:23 am 
I'm so confused

adamlaneus wrote:

Quote:
The event would be similar to exceptionally intense California storms which occurred between December 1861 and January 1862.

No doubt due to global warming.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:07 pm 

No major hurc to hit landfall in 12 years even though AlGore predicted with certainty otherwise. Now we have two, back to back, and the science (bitches) is settled once again.

I'm amazed how accurate they (scientists, wx-asshats :wink: ) can predict with boldness 50 years out the affects of global-climate-warming-change but can't properly predict a path of hurricane. Smoe mad-scientist will prolly tell me that it's an apples to pineapples comparison. whistle: :roll: :twisted: :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:53 pm 
The Only Truck Driver That Hasn't Murdered Truck Stop Prostitutes, At Least That We Know Of

HappyLittleTrees wrote:
I am getting really tired of the climate brigades screaming bloody murder over the hurricanes. I found a couple paragraphs in this article interesting.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/a-dollar150-billion-misfire-how-forecasters-got-irma-damage-so-wrong/ar-AArKOqd?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Quote:
Those are modern storms. Simulations based on the paths and powers of some that rammed the U.S. 100 or more years ago show they were far more disastrous, or would be if they arrived today when the population is much more dense and there is far more, and far more expensive, property to destroy.
One hurricane that raked the U.S. East Coast in 1893 was so furious the impact could have added up to $1 trillion. “They haven’t really happened in our modern economy,” Watson said, adding it’s only a matter of time. “We have so much stuff and so much infrastructure. Leave all the arguments about climate change aside; we are rapidly moving into that era where we are going to be seeing $50 billion, $100 billion storms, and I will not be surprised when we get to $300 billion.”

I thought Irma was the biggest one ever, or whatever.

The "experts" and press are trying to cover their ass now.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-11/-150-billion-misfire-how-forecasters-got-irma-damage-so-wrong

tradedollarnut wrote:
Ok - I'm outta here. Mac is a gism sucker - thru and thru. The only way he paid up was the unbearable pressure of looking like a loser. And I fuddernutter donated all my money to this stupid site - yet I'm the villain? Well, that's just fine - but go fuddernutter yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:19 pm 

I'm hearing how dry air infiltrated the back side, the high broke down, the low broke down blah blah blah.

There would have been a higher storm surge, this would have been a higher category there would have been higher winds blah blah blah.

And these asshats know that the average global temp is going to be 0.5 degrees C higher in 100 years ?
The seas are going to be 18 inches higher in 50 years ?
Hillary will win in a landslide !

Blah blah blah.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:31 pm 

If you look at a graph of ocean temperatures, it's full of variability. Let's take the data at face value and assume that no biases have occurred in the last 100 years.

If you take the difference between the temperatures 100 years ago and now, that's a 1F difference.

If you instead go back only 80 years, there is a 2F difference.

My point? By picking how you analyze the data, you have a dramatic influence on the resultant 'outcome'. In this case, altering your time window by 20% changes the outcome by 100%.

So, any time anyone says anything about global warming, I have to roll my eyes, as the whole thing is an exercise in political fascism. Apparently, I have to accept what the government (scientists) say or I am shunned. The bulk of the scientists chiming in on climate change are not climate scientists and should therefore realize that they are merely a useful idiot. The climate scientists themselves got into the business with a bias to begin with. I have big problems with the whole field. It is not a very scientifically neutral field, it is fascist politics for public consumption of the uneducated masses.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:33 pm 

Damn Adam
That made sense :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:20 pm 

It is very troublesome when I both understand and agree with something adam writes.

In lieu of flowers the family asks rolls of Wheaties be sent.

Herself - building vocabularies one felony at a time.-dallasactuary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:31 pm 
Purveyor of the political smackdown

walmann wrote:
It is very troublesome when I both understand and agree with something adam writes.

You don't understand the need to masturbate?

When the last Muslim apologist is beheaded...it will be reported by the last remaining leftist journalist.