Open Forum Refuge

Known to cause cancer in California
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 pm 
Giving liberals the blues

Ron Swanson . . .

https://vimeo.com/57723506

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:50 pm 
EZEKIEL 23:20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:46 pm 

That cartoon makes no sense. Usually, by supporting your party, you feel that you are supporting your country.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:31 pm 

PerryHall wrote:
That cartoon makes no sense. Usually, by supporting your party, you feel that you are supporting your country.

You may feel that, but oftentimes you aren't.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:45 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:53 pm 

PerryHall wrote:

I doubt donks delude themselves into believing that. You can find Youtube videos galore of donks claiming they hate this country either forthrightly, or in other terms.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:03 pm 

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/12/04/john-anderson-liberal-republican-who-challenged-reagan-dies-at-95/23297014/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:53 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:57 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:29 pm 

I'm pretty well in favor of legalizing pot, but the claim that there are zero annual deaths attributed to using it seems suspect.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:30 pm 

Pot usage can also destroy motivation and ruin families.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:31 pm 
I'm so confused

vargha wrote:

Yeah that graphic is just a touch skewed.

"You are a real piece of work. I only ignore three on here. There comes a time when someone has no redeeming qualities and you're one of them to make it not worth responding to. As a matter of fact... nothing is worth getting my tempature up on so you can go fuddernutter yourself. Now you're back to ignore asshole. The only reason I responded here is because someone thought enough of your worthless post to alert me to it. Now GFY." - K6AZ, Professional BASE Jumper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:46 pm 

vargha wrote:

It also leads to liberal thought and sometimes even veganism. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:57 pm 

Cannabis-Induced Bipolar Disorder with Psychotic Features.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2811144/

Cannabis induced schizophrenia.
http://www.schizophrenia.com/prevention ... drugs.html

I see Libertarians share the same integrity of donks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:09 pm 
Master of liberal ownage

The idea is fairly well accepted that smoking marijuana doesn't cause lung cancer, and is probably mostly correct outside of a fairly small group of people who smoke a LOT of it every day. Because the smoke does contain some of the same and similar byproducts that are in cigarette smoke that have been linked to cancer. The interesting thing, to me anyway, is that if it is true that smoking 20 or more cigarettes a day does increase the risk of lung cancer (it does) and smoking the occasional joint does not (I don't think it does), then the idea that secondhand smoke increases the risk of lung cancer is refuted. Outside of a statistically insignificant number of outliers, research shows that a person has to smoke a LOT of cigarettes - tens of thousands of them - before the risk of lung cancer is measurably elevated. To get that much smoke in your lungs from marijuana would require a dedication to staying high that few possess, and to get that much smoke in your lungs from secondhand exposure is simply impossible.

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science'. But is is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic matters while remaining in this state of ignorance.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:57 pm 

BaghdadBob wrote:

The graphic is a bit over the top, but the main point is one of consistency of law. I've not heard any valid argument why alcohol should be legal while marijuana is not. The usual arguments are anecdotal ("my brother-in-law was a total pothead and it ruined his life") or slippery-slope kind of stuff ("we have legal nicotine and alcohol, but *that's it*"). Yes, one can smoke too much and have negative health effects. But one can also spark a doob while watching the sunset and have a delightful time of it. Under most states' laws, both activities can get you jailtime, and that's just bogus.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:11 pm 

flaminio wrote:
BaghdadBob wrote:

The graphic is a bit over the top, but the main point is one of consistency of law. I've not heard any valid argument why alcohol should be legal while marijuana is not. The usual arguments are anecdotal ("my brother-in-law was a total pothead and it ruined his life") or slippery-slope kind of stuff ("we have legal nicotine and alcohol, but *that's it*"). Yes, one can smoke too much and have negative health effects. But one can also spark a doob while watching the sunset and have a delightful time of it. Under most states' laws, both activities can get you jailtime, and that's just bogus.

As you grow up you'll begin to notice that the law is an ass. Laws are consistently inconsistent.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:12 pm 
Just call me chuckles

Alcohol can really fuddernutter your life up. And everyone around suffers for it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:41 pm 

Clark wrote:
Alcohol can really fuddernutter your life up. And everyone around suffers for it.

my wife had a beer on Monday. So far, so good

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:56 pm 
Just call me chuckles

Barndog wrote:
Clark wrote:

my wife had a beer on Monday. So far, so good

Better keep an eye on her, just to be safe.

Seriously, though, my brother is an alcoholic. Not currently drinking, but the damage he did to himself and his family can never be undone. At least he has a kind and forgiving brother.

Me. I’m that brother. He doesn’t have any other brother.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next